Weekly Photo Challenge: Contrast 3

A Black Swan at Bibury, Arlington Row, Gloucestershire UK

blackSwan

The contrast of light reflecting off a pond against the silhouette of a black swan.

pad2012122Join the Weekly Photo Challenge and post your photo by the prompt given at the Daily Post blog.

11 Comments Add yours

1. Monica says:

Are you local to that area? Bibury’s totally my neighborhood – there’s a long walk I do every month or so that starts there. I applaud you for posting a picture of Bibury that ISN’T Arlington Row btw.πŸ™‚

1. Misky says:

No, Monica, I’m in Sussex. We love Bibury, and the surrounding area, and it’s one of the places we always take visitors who come to stay with us.

2. Oh… this black swan has left me entranced.. I love this photo!!

1. Misky says:

Hi Smidge! It’s one of my favourite photos, actually.πŸ˜€

3. Beautiful.πŸ™‚ Mandy

4. I love swans… our local government has built many, many ponds across our city and we now see swans and ducks all over!

1. Misky says:

Once upon a long, long time ago, swans were a favourite source of protein for the upper class in Europe. Many countries still consider swans as property of their royal family or government.

5. nuvofelt says:

Very serene. A lovely example of contrast (especially as our household is so frantic at the momentπŸ˜‰ Thanks for popping in to check up on us.

1. Misky says:

Yes, a bit of serenity is nice, particularly when you have those ‘things’ bouncing off the walls. LOL!

Please Leave a Comment. I'd Love to Hear From You.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s