In My Garden: April

Here’s a little snapshot of things happening this past week in the garden.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The early daffodils are finished now but the tulips are still putting on a strong display. The weather is with us lately, so I’ve enjoyed a morning coffee on the patio surrounded by the scents of flowers and green leaves. I do wear a big jumper; it’s not summer yet. We are also very happy with the alpine rock garden that we created last summer. It’s filled in nicely, and although we lost a few plants to winter, most are thriving and spreading across the open ground as we’d hoped. One of the cox apple trees is just on the verge of blooming, and when it does I’ll snap a few photos. Always so pretty when fruit trees bloom, I think. We’ll hope the weather holds so the bees pollinate as Mother Nature wants them to do.

What’s happening in your garden right now? I’d love to hear from you!

11 Comments Add yours

1. Your double tulips look particularly good. Actually, your whole garden looks particularly good. Isn’t it wonderful to have a little sunshine to brighten things. Our pear trees are in full bloom, which is a glorious sight.

1. Misky says:

Frost tonight. Yikes!

2. Polly says:

Misky, the garden looks marvellous – thanks for sharing:)

3. Beautiful gardens!

What’s happening in our garden right now…..it’s pouring rain (supposed to get more than an inch and a half) and there’s not a bud in sight yet! ha Welcome to New Hampshire. But, once spring really hits, it will become a jungle overnight and flowers will be popping up everywhere!

1. Misky says:

We had a fair bit of rain, 2-months worth, from Christmas until mid-February. Most of southern England was flooded. An inch and a half of rain at once makes me cringe. Stay dry, and stay warm! :)

4. margo roby says:

How lovely and big! The alpine garden is gorgeous but I loved the chamomile [?] daisy [?] plant that looks like a bush.

1. Misky says:

My favourite flower. It’s a marguerite daisy, or sometimes called a dill daisy. I love it. We have two on other side of the doorway.

1. margo roby says:

My name, my flower:-)

5. Karen says:

After all the construction you went through, your garden is splendid. I love your double tulips, they are beautiful.

1. Misky says:

It is a treat, Karen, that’s for sure.

Please Leave a Comment. I'd Love to Hear From You.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s